Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up–The Snowed In Edition.

Yep, more snow to report.   LOTS of snow as a matter of fact.  A little over 16 inches fell in the first storm (Wednesday night), followed by 5 more inches on Thursday.   Our road didn’t get plowed until late Thursday night, so the husband missed work on Thursday.

We made snow cream for the first time ever. I forgot to take pictures, but it was tasty.   If you’ve never made it, all you need is 4 cups of clean snow, 1 cup milk or cream, 1/4 cup sugar and a dash of vanilla.

010

God bless those poor guys who have to plow roads during this mess.  Really I mean that.  It’s a hard job, with long hours and little sleep.  Even when I don’t like the way they plow, it’s still better than having to shovel for days on end.

In other, non weather related news we finished up a little mini-unit study this week in history.     We took a small detour and spent the week studying the Mississippi River, while reading Minn of the Mississippi.  I found the cutest little turtle puppet at the library, grins.

001

Lindsey finished up her 1000’s unit in math and moved into her new unit on geometry.  Listening to her try to pronounce parallelograms is just too darn funny.   Olivia is continuing to work through the fractions unit.  I’ve revamped it a bit and added online video lectures which seem to be making a big difference.  Now if I can just figure out a way to get her to take the test without knowing it is a TEST…

Awana, ballet, basketball, cheer and co-op were all cancelled again this week due to the weather.   While we do miss Awana, ballet, basketball and cheer, the girls and I all did a happy dance when we heard that co-op was cancelled. 

By the way, I have this other blog, that few people read. Seriously guys, you NEED to check it out, I put some of my best stories on there. If you need a little chuckle, pop over and check out yesterday’s post titled The Crafty Ballet Mom, I guarantee you’ll laugh. Go ahead, we’ll wait for you.

I’m guest writing over at Home & School Mosaics today, be sure to stop by and give me some bloggy love as I share about Every Day Love.   I hope you all have a Happy Valentine’s Day!!

I guess that’s about all I have to report for the week.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. wow - you must have the best calendar because I can't get 2 things straight. The boy was late for art class and we totally missed co-op kickball this week.

    enjoy the snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some fun! (I did just go check out your other blog btw, LOVE it)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!