Pages

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Web Design for Kids – Click Drag Solutions (Review)

As of the writing of this post, I've been blogging for 9 months.  Ok, more like I've been blindly bumping my way through the blogosphere!   Really folks, have you ever tried to pronounce "html" instead of just saying "H.T.M.L."?....yeah well, let's NOT even go there.   Then along came Web Design for Kids (...and Curious Grown Ups).    Thank goodness it's for Kids AND Curious computer illiterate adults!

In this wonderful DVD, Brian Richardson walks you through the basics using your Windows Operating System and Notepad to create your very own webpages!   I totally did NOT have a clue about any of this!  Brian takes you step by step through these areas:

1. 10 Basic Lines of Code
2.  Sandwiches and Colors
3.  Make a Subject Stand Out
4. Stand Alone Tags
5.  Designing Backgrounds
6.  Fonts and Paragrahps
7.  Pictures

There is also a bonus section on File Folder Management.  If you'd like to see a 1-minute clip from the DVD, click here.  

The DVD normally sells for $40.00...HOWEVER!!  For a limited time only, they are having a sale for 50% off!   Total cost is only $19.99 + $3.99 shipping and handling.  AND...a money back guarantee!!    As if that's not enough, consider that a portion of all sales goes to these wonderful charities.

The Smile Train
Miami Project to Cure Paralysis
Childrens Miracle Network
American Foundation for the Blind

Since my kids are 6 and 3, this DVD is going to be hanging around ME for quite some time!   I'm setting up a practice webpage until I'm confident I won't destroy my blog.   So when you see things start changing, you'll know I've gotten over the fear!!  Or you'll know the kids have watched the DVD and have taken over!

To see what others are saying, head over to the Crew Blog!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!