Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Imagination at Work

Today, Lindsey helped me work in the garden. She's very imaginative and talkative (my gosh does she talk!!!)  and has imaginary friends galore.  Generally, she talks to her imaginary friends about all sorts of things. Charles Ingalls (of Little House on the Prairie fame) is often her guest at the dinner table, although he's not a big eater. Today we were working along picking weeds and dead vines when I overheard this little conversation from her...

"I'm helping mom to pull weeds, now don't get in my way."....pause.... "No you can't help me to pick weeds."....pause.... "What??? WHY can't you help me pick weeds?".....pause, followed by incredulous look on her face.... "Because YOU.ARE.NOT.REAL. THAT is why you can't help me to pick weeds."

Yeah, I guess that's as good of a reason as any to not get to pick weeds.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!