Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Time Has Come

One of the most frustrating parts of our year thus far has been the large quantity of seatwork that goes with this year's phonics/writing and math choices.   Initially, I thought I'd just cut most of it out, but to be honest I just couldn't bring myself to waste that much of the workbooks we'd paid for.   So last week as I was blog hopping, I came across an idea (maybe it was Kris at WUHS?)...using a timer and only allowing certain amounts of time for each item.

As luck would have it, I stumbled across this lovely timer, at Walmart on clearance for $2!  It just happens to be my favorite color, which is an added bonus.

It really is amazing what a difference this has made!  Olivia is very performance driven.  So the thought of not finishing before the timer goes off is just completely unacceptable to her.  We've cut out seatwork time down by several hours (seriously she would drag it out FOREVER).

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!