Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beetle Barn

 

My girls received this as a Christmas gift. It’s one of those “you know you’re a homeschooling family when” kinda gifts.

100_2699 

The kids were in love an immediately wanted to order larvae, but I opted to wait until warmer weather.  So here it is, warm weather and we are ready to get started.  The larvae you order are mealworms, that are supposed to turn into Darkling Beetles.  My husband insists that I can use regular ole mealworms from the fishing department at the sporting goods place.

Who am I to argue?  And since he’s in charge of bug activities, let him give it a go.  I’ll keep you posted on the progress, or lack thereof, depending.

Joesette

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That looks pretty cool. I'd sorta like one for myself, but both my kiddos are going through a completely terrified of bugs stage. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!