Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Lobster Network (Review)

Lobster Network is a new web application that helps you share your stuff safely and securely.  (That, my friend, is a direct quote.)

LobsterAcronym

There is a 27 page PDF available that gives you instructions on how to use the program.  I’ll give you the very abbreviated version for time and space constraints.

Basically, once you set up your FREE account, you enter the “stuff” you have ~ books, music, movies, curriculum etc.  You can then list your items for sell, trade or exchange; as well as request items from others.  The premise behind this of course is that you are sharing your items with people you know…or else you may never see it again.  It also gives you a great way of keeping up with who you’ve loaned things to.

Lobster Network gives you the option of setting up communities that are private or public.  This option would be great for homeschool co-op groups to share resources.

I did set up my free account, and I did enter a few items that I have, just to see how simple it is.  It really doesn’t take long and is pretty self explanatory (although, you always have that 27 pages of instructions if you need it).   However, I don’t really have a “network” of people that I know to share my stuff with.  So for me, this is one of those things that is nice to know about and pass on the info, but it’s just not something I find beneficial to me right now.  This may change at some point, and if it does I know where to go!

To read the reviews of other Crew members, please click here.

Disclosure: This product was provided to our family for free as members of the 2009-2010 Old Schoolhouse Magazine Homeschool Crew. Reviews and opinions expressed in this blog are our own.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!