Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Foot Book – Activity Day

This month I decided to go with “The Foot Book” by Dr. Seuss.  Seriously, I had no reason for it, other than it was here and I couldn’t think of a tie in to Thanksgiving for Dr. Seuss, sigh.
We worked on left and right foot/hand with this cute song (with hand movements):
“This is my right hand I’ll raise it up high.  This is my left hand I’ll touch the sky.  Right hand, left hand ROLL them around.   Left hand, right hand….pound pound POUND!”
We played Twister to work on our left/right skills and also balance and color recognitions.  As you can see, there’s always one who goes against the grain.
013 018
Then I took a sharp turn towards Thanksgiving!   However, I found a cute little poem that had the little turkeys“waddling” off…so it still used their feet (ok, it’s a stretch but humor me).
5 little turkeys standing by the door.
One waddled off, and then there were 4.
4 little turkeys under a tree,
One waddled off and then there were 3
3 little turkeys with nothing to do,
One waddled off, and then there were 2.
2 little turkeys in the noon day sun,
One waddled off, and then there was 1.
One little turkey better run away,
For soon will come Thanksgiving Day!!
We colored a lovely turkey picture (hey, it had feet). 011Finally we used up the remainder of our Creatology Harvest Foam Stickers from last month to make these lovely little collages, which I totally forgot to photograph.

We also went outside to the super cool new playground for about 15 minutes.  Again, no photos, because I was holding Ellie at the time, and she was sleeping and well I left my 3rd arm in my other suit.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about using feet to teach left and right. We use our fingers in the L shape. The hand that makes the L pointing in the correct direction is the left hand. Of course this didn't work until my son quit writing his letters backwards.

    Kathi My Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!