Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Best Day Ever

My husband has two weeks of  vacation each year.  The bad part is you have to schedule ALL of your vacation for the coming year in December of the previous year.  I try to schedule it so he gets to attend the ballet recitals and any birthday’s that fall during the week.   Sometimes though, you just have to pick random dates for no reason and try to come up with something to do.  This was one of those days.

Back in December, when I picked March 11 I had no way of knowing that the monsoons would set in this week and the outside world would be a mud bath.  So I improvised!

We set up the tent in the basement, built a fire in the fireplace, roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and then spent the night in the tent.  Somewhere in there I snuck off to bake chocolate chip cookies for the troops as well.

Lindsey sat in the tent, noshing on her cookies and exclaimed “This is the best day EVER!”

Williamsburg 002

Williamsburg 008

Williamsburg 010

Williamsburg 003

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!