Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up–The Thanksgiving Edition

 

Weekly_Wrap-Up

It’s hard to believe it’s Thanksgiving week already!   My goodness this year has flown by!!   We had a light school work week.  We mainly focused on math, reading and writing.  And we wrapped up our Pilgrim unit study this week.  Be sure to go read all about it!

My husband has been filling in for me as I get adjusted to working 10 hour nights and sleeping 3 hours in the mornings.  Olivia asked this week if I’d go back to teaching her math because she’s apparently not understanding it as well.  So my goal this weekend is to work on a schedule that will work better for everyone.

002

There was no regular Awana, ballet or piano this week (thank you Jesus!)   We did have Nutcracker practice one evening and the girls picked up their official 2011 Nutcracker shirts.

028029

Thursday was a huge day of cooking, eating and family time.   Of course, the oven went out shortly after I put the 24 pound, stuffed bird in the oven.  I noticed several hours later that the oven had stopped working…thankfully I was able to get it going again and dinner was just a bit later than planned.   Everyone on both sides of the family came to my house for dinner…and they all got along!!  

We took a little excursion downtown to check out some of the local shops.  I did a blog post about it at S.A.H.M. I Am!  You’ll definitely want to check out the gingerbread houses in the window displays.  Here’s a teaser.

010

Today we did our traditional bell ringing for the Salvation Army.  Normally we freeze while ringing the bell, but today the temperature was in the mid 60’s!  The girls love this activity and seem to sway people to give more than adult would.  We’re doing it again in December, and I’m sure it’ll be a lot colder then.

100_6935

That’s pretty much our week in a nutshell.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!