Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up–The Substitute Teacher Edition

Weekly_Wrap-Up

We’re all trying to get into a new rhythm with my having gone back to work.  This task was made a wee bit more difficult by the fact that here, in week 2 of my job, I’m on mandatory 10 hour nights.  So I’m working from 9pm until 7am.   I’m tired.   So this week my husband (who works 2nd shift 3pm until 11:30pm) has stepped up to be the substitute teacher while I sleep in the mornings.

Basically I get home around 7:15am, take the dog out, feed whichever offspring are up and then go to bed around 8am and sleep until 11:30am.  The husband works on school work with the girls while I’m sleeping.   We have lunch around noonish and then I finish up schoolwork and house work before hitting the evening activities.  I try to sneak in a 1 or 2 hour nap at some point.

We started a Thanksgiving Unit Study this week.  The girls and I are working on it in the afternoons.  I’m hoping to be finished by Thanksgiving, but that may or may not be the case.

All the major subjects were covered this week.  No major issues that' I’ve been made aware of (yet).    We also had our monthly activity day get together..  My class learned about Pocahontas this month.  Be sure to check it out!

014

Regular ballet and tap lessons are over until January.  We do of course kick it up a notch now with Nutcracker practices.  Only a few weeks until show time!!

Awana and piano are finished until December as well.  I actually have this week to be home (with the exception of working).

This is a very abbreviated wrap up, but it really was a great, I just failed to document most of it.   Be sure and visit the Weekly Wrap UP though!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I am in awe of your schedule ~ the sleep sacrifice you are making is pretty big! :-) It is wonderful your husband is there to school the girls, too.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!