Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up–A Letter From the President

Did I tell you all that Olivia wrote a letter to President Obama back a few weeks (or may a couple of months) ago?  Yeah, well I didn’t preview it.  I just put a stamp on it and sent if off to the mailbox.  Today she received THIS in the mail.

004

In case you can’t see it, here’s a more close up (although a bit blurry) photo of the return address.

008

Yeah, for real, she got a package from the White House, with a note from President Obama thanking her for her “input”.  You have NO IDEA how much I wish I’d read that letter she wrote.  She also received an autographed 8X10 of the president, and a photo of his dog, Bo.  (Yes really.)  No offense meant, but she LOVES the photo of the dog.  Ahem.

010

In other news, I’ve spent the week working on the kids summer school work and planning the upcoming school year.  I have all of my lessons organized, and my planner is ready to go.  I even put up our new timeline so we’ll be ready to hit the ground running in August.

003

“Is it straight Olivia?”  “Yes, perfectly straight mom.”  Me thinks not dear.

I’m three weeks away from Ethiopia!!   I’m trying to get so many things finished before I leave so I can just chill and process when I return.  I’m thinking that’s not going to happen (the chilling part).

Have you had any major surprises in your week?

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Any letter in the mail is a thrill for kids, but from the President? She must have been over the moon!

    Have a blessed week! Visiting from Weekly Wrap up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!