Pages

Friday, February 28, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up–So Long February

Time to turn another page on the calendar, it’s hard to believe isn’t it.  I know, I know, I say “time sure is flying” a lot, but it’s because TIME SURE IS FLYING!  Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

This has been a lovely week.  No crazy storms.  No cancellations.  Just normal.  Or at least as normal as it gets around here.

In case you missed it, Thursday (February 27) was Shine A Light On Slavery Day.  That’s why you kept seeing all those pictures on Facebook, you know the ones with red X’s on everyone’s hand.  If you’d like to learn how you can help educate yourself and your children about modern day human trafficking, check out my post End It Movement.

I also shared a tutorial on dioramas and how they can help with reading comprehension.  After I assigned the diorama project to my class, one mother approached me and said “You’ve revolutionized reading in our home.  My children hate to read, and even the young ones are reading just so they can make a diorama.”  SCORE!

This is our 5th week in our 6 on/6 off schedule.  Woot!  We studied the Alamo, adding a few pages to our history notebooks (and watching John Wayne’s movie).  Next week we’ll be working on the Oregon Trail and pioneers..then a glorious week off.  Grins!

011

Lindsey has been working on perimeter and area.  I don’t know that she necessarily “gets” the meaning of square, but she’s loving writing that little 2 above all her measurements.   Olivia continues to plug away at fractions.  She seems to be understanding it so much better now than 2 weeks ago, go figure.

My husbands employer is hosting a Poison Prevention Week poster contest for the employees children.  Both girls did a really good job, but I was floored that Olivia drew hers freehand.   We’ll learn if they won prizes in a few weeks.

004

I forgot to take a photo of Lindsey with her poster, DOH!

003

I’m thinking that’s all for this week.  Or at least that’s all I can remember this late in the day on a Friday.  I hope you’ve had a great week!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. what a great poster! Sounds like y'all had a great week. We've never studied the Alamo! Might take that on next week. You said it - time sure is flying. I can't believe it's MARCH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THis would be a great week to study the Alamo. The siege began in February, but the actual battle/overthrow took place on March 6, so you could really work with the timeframe.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!