Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up–The Recovery Week

Saturday was the girls spring ballet performance.  Typically we have two shows, one on Saturday evening and the other on Sunday afternoon.   However, the school we always rent, once again double booked the facility, so they bumped up from May 18 & 19 to May 10.  Yes they bumped us to Mother’s Day weekend, and gave us one day instead of two.   That meant two shows in one day.  The dancers were there from noon, until 7pm.  It was exhausting to say the least.   The show itself went beautifully.

10339689_10202989637373283_4395989562760364795_n[1]

Sunday of course was Mother’s Day.  After church we made the 90 minute drive out to my moms.  I fixed dinner for everyone, cleaned up, visited and then made the 90 minute drive from there to visit my mother-in-law for a couple of hours then it was back in the car for the long drive home.  Another exhausting day, but it was good.   My older brother, who knew I’d spend the day running around to make everyone else’s Mother’s Day nice, bought me these beautiful roses!

003

Monday we went to a local  police department for a field trip with some of our homeschool group.   We toured the holding cell, interrogation room, finger printings station, the evidence room (we just looked in), and then we went outside to see the police vehicles.

Olivia and the officer were having just a bit too much fun together.

014

017

Thursday was our last Activity Day of this school year.   I have one more Board meeting at the end of this month, where I’ll take over President.  Then in June I have to oversee graduation and I’m officially done for a couple of weeks (I hope).

Ballet and Awana both wrap up next week.  Both girls continue to work on math and handwriting during the summer.  Other than that, their time is pretty much their own. 

We have managed to get the spring cleaning finished in both of the girls rooms.  We took the carpet up in Olivia’s room to show off the lovely hard wood floors that were hiding underneath.   Next I move on to picking paint for the living room.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up and Collage Friday.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. What a busy week. I hope your weekend is restful.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!