Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Springlike, Almost

We're almost to the end of our basketball season and I realize I haven't posted photos yet.   Both girls are on the same team, so here's our official sisters pre-game photo.   I don't know why Olivia has started wearing that bandana when she plays ball, but it doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon.
You know how I've said that Lindsey is half the size of some of the other players in the league?  Well this next photo proves my point.   Lindsey is on the right and her teammate (who is NOT the tallest boy in the league) is on the left of the photo.   The fact that she's made it through the season uninjured is a major victory as far as I'm concerned!

Monday through Wednesday we had spring like weather.  It was in the 70's and BEAUTIFUL.  Thursday morning it was in the 30's, and by Thursday night we were back in the teens with some snow flurries!  My day lilies had already come through the ground, and a few of my other bulb flowers too.  I'm thinking they're not going to do well after this, but time will tell on that.

Academics are going well.  I'm still holding out hopes we'll be wrapped up by mid-May, but just found out there may be some "issues" next month that could throw us behind, sigh.   Time will tell on that as well.

I've spent a lot of time this week trying to finish up my curriculum picks for the upcoming year.  Olivia's math and American history are the two that I just can't get nailed down.    She loves history and so I'm trying to find something that she can really sink her teeth into with research and hands on items.   Math, well yeah....I'm trying to pick one that will work well and not cause a melt down.  I have decided to go from Algebra 1 to Algebra 2 this year and then we'll do geometry the following year, so that's half the battle, right?

If you have a student who is learning the multiplication tables, or needs some remedial work with the tables, check out my review of Times Alive.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.

Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Ugh... I HATE picking out new math curriculum... we have yet to find one that we really like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I'm on the right trail...but I have reservations.

      Delete
  2. Math is such a struggle to find the right fit. I think your choice to do algebra I and II together is wise.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will benefit, and keep her from losing ground. Here's hoping we're both right!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!