Pages

Friday, August 25, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Summer Break Week 12

This was our last week of summer break.  Twelve weeks seem to have rushed by without a second thought.   I even finished my to-do list, with the exception of having a yard sale...instead I packed everything up and donated it to a new mission minded thrift store in the area.

We had a different sort of week.   Our church hosts a HUGE  kids/teens consignment sale each fall and spring and this is the week of the fall sale.  The girls provided child care for workers all week, and I helped inspect, organize and set up for the event.  The sale itself runs Thursday evening through Saturday at noon, but preparation started the Sunday before.   This has been a long week, but the girls made a great deal of money babysitting and the sale raised a big chunk to help the kids in our community.

We were able to sneak out of the sale on Monday afternoon to experience the eclipse.   I didn't get photos, but it was really cool!

Olivia's volleyball team finally got their uniforms, and she has her first scrimmage tonight.  Games start in earnest next week, with her first game being  two hours away.  She's excited!


Have a great weekend!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. The summer break really has gone by quickly! We don't go back to our full school schedule until after Labour Day, but we're starting some things next week, and it seems "too soon". Maybe it's just because my baby is a junior already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not get over how fast the summer has flown by! We often donate our things in place of a yard sale since we live on a dead end and would have to truck all of stuff elsewhere to hold the sale. I tried it once and it was not worth the money I made for all the weeks of work it took.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually put far more work into it than I make so I just gave up!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe how big your girls are getting!! :) And I love that we have the opportunity for the kids to babysit now, eh!

    Have fun with volleyball!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It did seem like a fast summer. Yours had lots of great stuff in it. I hope you have a great start back.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!