Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Olden Times

This week we did a little time traveling of sorts.   Lindsey's American history had her studying the early American colonies and learning about their daily lives.   On Monday she made a batch of homemade cornbread.  The cornbread was more dense and not at all sweet like modern cornbread, but it was really good with butter on it.

On Tuesday morning we went on a field trip with our co-op to a local farm.   This farm has original, hand built buildings dating back to the 1700's.   We had a wonderful Park Ranger as our tour guide and he was great with the kids.  We spent about 90 minutes touring and learning, then he brought out the old fashioned toys and the kids spent another 45 minutes playing and having fun.  I'm pretty sure they'd have stayed longer but those teen stomachs were begging for food.  We had a picnic lunch as a group and then went for a hike in the mountains.  I got lots of great photos of the kids playing and having fun, but I forgot to ask permission to use photos showing faces online.


I'm happy to report that Olivia got an A+ on her Algebra II test this week!  I may have been a bit giddy grading it.   Lindsey had her first Pre-Algebra test this week and she also got an A.  I'm telling you, I felt like I'd won the lottery!

The rest of the week has been pretty standard.  Lots of reading, leaning and house work during the day.  Lots of volleyball in the evenings and weekends.  The team I coach is still undefeated.   Olivia's JV team won a game this week in their league.   I feel like we're getting into a good routine now, although I can't seem to get the gym worked in like I want to.  That extra time away from home in the morning pushes us (especially Olivia) to get through lessons before the evenings scheduled events.   The good news is that volleyball ends in about another three weeks.   I've been asked to coach a junior Olympic volleyball team, and while I'd love to, I just don't think I have the time to make it work.

We'll be finishing up week four of co-op today.  The group is really coming together nicely.  We're already starting to plan next year's schedule, and I think I'm really going to like where we're headed as a group.

Have a great weekend!!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.

Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a great fieldtrip! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was neat! The ranger was super nice and had a great way of engaging everyone.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm, now I'm inspired to make some cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great field trip! And good job on the cornbread - there's so many varieties of cornbread and I like most of them, although the sweet stuff is my favorite. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one called for buttermilk, which I didn't have, so we used sour cream thinned with milk.

      Delete
  4. I love field trips and math tests that are A's! What a fantastic week.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love historical field trips. And well done to both girls for great algebra scores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical field trips are my favorite too. We may just survive math this year after all!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!