Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Sweltering in October

I spoke too soon last week, fall was just toying with us.   We went back into the high 80's with 90% humidity this week.  I had to cut the AC back on on Saturday...and noticed that it was blowing hot air...then it stopped running.   I was livid, because we'd just had it serviced on Tuesday.  I called the company, they sent someone right over to find that the original service man 1) wired something backwards and 2) forgot to plug something else back in.   I can assure you that particular service man will never step foot back in our house again.   The house finally cooled off, as did my temper.  (Being real ya'll.)

Olivia spent all day Saturday at a hunter's safety course.  She had to do several hours worth of homework before the class, then she was in class from 8am-4pm.  She really enjoyed the whole day, only missed one on the exam and was asked if she'd like to help teach future classes.
 Sunday evening the local FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) hosted a "Fields of Faith" event at one of the local high schools.  It was scheduled to be held on the football field, but rain caused us to have to move the event inside.   There was close to 600 people in attendance.   The band was awesome, the speaker had a powerful message about God's love and then the youth who were counselors got to pray with kids and adults who came for prayer.   Both of our girls were praying with people and I just sat at the top of the bleachers and watched them as they wrapped their arms around hurting kids and teens as they prayed with them.   

Monday our local public schools were out, and I ended up having an extra teen with us all day.  The girls still had a full day of school, so Rebecca spent time working on Spanish and math review while she was here.  I was surprised at how much Spanish I remember from high school, and I was actually able to help her with some things she was having trouble with.   Later in the afternoon, Olivia had her last volleyball practice of the year.

Tuesday was a regular school day, followed by volleyball team photos for Olivia at 3:15pm.  Her last regular season game of the year was at 5:30.    Then at 7pm Lindsey and I had volleyball practice with our team.  
The VACA JV volleyball tournament started on Thursday night.  Olivia's team was defeated in the semi-final round, so the season is over for them.    Lindsey's team plays Saturday, then we practice two days next week and head into our tournament on October 21.

Friday (today) we have co-op until noon.   My husband is running his second 5K this weekend, so we have to go pick up his race packet in the evening and then we're in for the night.   I've enjoyed volleyball season, but its been hectic and I'm ready to have some evenings at home for a while (a short while, but still).

Academics are going ok.   Algebra II isn't going as smoothly as I'd hoped it would.  Other than that one gosh awful subject, everything else is moving along smoothly.   Olivia even finished her 1/2 credit economics course this week!

Here are a few other articles from this week around the web.  Here on the blog I shared a review of the book Why Motherhood Matters and check our my article Life Is A Puzzle over at Homeschooling With Heart.

How has your week been?

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. We've been pretty hot too and then this morning I got up at the crack of dawn to turn on the heat. Gotta love that New England weather it always keeps us on our toes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sweltering here too. I am so ready for fall. Thankfully most of school is going peacefully for you all.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear academics are going okay. Algebra 2 was never a favourite here. Miss 16 was glad to be done with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!