Pages

Friday, March 16, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Slowly Moving Ahead

The weekend was a blur of things to do and commitments to be kept despite the loss of my Mom.   Fatigue (mental, physical and emotional) set in pretty heavy by the end of the day Sunday.  Monday morning we were greeted with our first major snow of the year, a little over 6 inches.    I took our first ever "snow day" and let the kids chill while I did some catching up and decompressing.

Tuesday we were back to school and the day seemed to go relatively smoothly.    Olivia had an Algebra 2 test that took way too long and threw the rest of her day behind.   In the evening Lindsey headed off to a birthday skating party, and headed home with a jammed arm.  While she was skating, we took Olivia to her basketball awards program.   She was given the "Christian Testimony Award" for be supportive, encouraging and not complaining for riding the bench most of the year, ahem.
Wednesday and Thursday were just typical school days, nothing really noteworthy.   I did have to go order a flower arrangement for Momma's memorial service that is coming up this weekend.  I wasn't quite prepared for the wave of emotion that hit me while at the florist, the lady was very sweet and offered a hug.   It's hard to believe that Thursday was a week gone by already.

Friday of course is co-op.   Once that's done we'll go grocery shopping and then home to chill.   The girls have a birthday party to go to in the evening and I guess I'll need to go pick up some things for Easter while they are not with me.

Around the web this week I shared on Incorporating Nature Studies over at Homeschooling With Heart.   I also shared a review of NatureGlo's eScience on the blog.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. You all got so much more snow than we did! (Slightly jealous) but I am most certain you needed a day to rest - hang in there, friend. Praying for you all. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you move through your weeks with the loss of your mother.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family this weekend as you say goodbye. I had the same thing happen to me last year when trying to order flowers at the florist for my grandmothers funeral. I tried to cover it up but I think the florist noticed my eyes welling up and the change in voice. She was so super sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to take a day. Prayers for you and your family. Hope Lindsey's arm is better soon, and congrats to Olivia for her award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your mom. My own passed before I was homeschooling, and I would have needed much more than a snow day, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice that you were able to take a day. Congrats to Olivia on her award! Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend - prayers for you as you say good-bye.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!