Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Back to School

This was our official first week of the 2018-2019 academic year.  I'd waffled back and forth about starting this week or next week.   I finally decided this week because it'll give us two full weeks before the Labor Day/Lindsey's birthday weekend.   Over that four day period I can reevaluate what works as is, what needs tweaking and/or what needs to be added or possibly dropped.

Here are our pitiful looking, official first day of school photos.

Monday we got started around 9am.   Olivia was a bit apprehensive about her course load, but I assured her that while it looked like a lot, it really wasn't going to be as time consuming as she thought.   Her biggest concern was thinking that it would push her to get done and still get to volleyball practice on time.    She was really surprised to be done before 1pm, and that's with glitches and figuring out how the various  components are laid out.    Lindsey was done around noon, and really enjoyed all her lessons.   She was really pleased with her Algebra 1 class.   The first lesson was a topic she struggled with in pre-algebra, and she actually got it this time and said "Wow, these people actually explain it!"     Sometime around 1pm, Becca's dad called and said she was sick and so I ran to the next town over to pick her up from her new high school.   She camped out on the sofa until about 5:30.    Varsity volleyball practice was from 4-6pm.   I'm loving that the new school is a 5 minute drive instead of 45 minutes!

Tuesday I had an appointment at 8am to get my last Hepatitis vaccine.   The girls got up and got school started around 8 and were making great progress by the time I got home around 9.    I realized that I'd over scheduled the amount of Spanish I was expecting to be done (and finally found the curriculum schedule in the teacher key).   Also today was Olivia's first day working with her new art curriculum, she's loving it!  Olivia had volleyball from 3:50-6pm and Lindsey had volleyball from 7-8:15.


Wednesday Olivia dog sat most of the day.  I dropper her (and her schoolwork) off at 8am and picked her up around 3 to allow time to get to volleyball by 3:50.   Lindsey knocked out her school work and she and I went out to lunch to a yummy El Salvadorian restaurant.

Thursday was almost like fall, the temperature never climbed out of the 70's and it was beautiful!  Schoolwork went fairly smooth.  Lindsey doubled up on her algebra and Spanish so she can work a full day at the museum on Friday.   Olivia's volleyball was 3:50-6pm and Lindsey's again from 7-8:15.

Friday (today) Lindsey will be working a full day at the museum.  I'll drop her off and go grocery shopping while I'm out.   Olivia will finish up her classwork for the week, and then we'll be off to her first volleyball scrimmage in the evening.

How was your week?
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. Kids really need that 'fun' time. It's great she has a passion. Managing them all is a valuable skill. Just look at us moms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, us moms can juggle things like wild, can't we?

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful first week back! I have never once (even when my boys were in public school) been great about remembering to take first day of school photos... I often took then on the second or third day if I remembered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't do the first day photos, but I kept seeing all the FB feeds and thought about it.

      Delete
  3. This week has been gorgeous, hasn't it?? And hey - at least you TOOK 1st day of school photos. I still need to do mine. :) Better yet, I had Laurianna text me a selfie. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be great camping weather, of course next week is supposed to be blistering again.

      Delete
  4. What a great first week. You are already into a stable sounding routine. I forgot first day photos this year.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. This next week will be a challenge though.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!