Pages

Friday, August 31, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Week 2

Last Friday evening was Olivia's first varsity volleyball game.   The school that she plays for is a private, boarding school with students from all across the United States as well as international students.   Several of the girls on her volleyball team are international students and she's enjoying building friendships with them and learning about their cultures. Unfortunately, one of the international students, who was a starting playing, hadn't gotten her required sports physical.  The coach and the team found this our minutes before their game and had to rework the team and the rotations.    I'd like to say it ended well, but it didn't.   It was a learning experience for everyone from the athletics director all the way down to the girls who sat the bench.

Saturday the girls and I traveled a little ways to meet friends for a picnic.  I've been friends with this gal since 1994 and have watched her children grow up.  Her youngest, (in the 2nd photo) who is now expecting her first child, was the first newborn baby I ever held.


Sunday after church I had to work on final arrangements (and laundry) for the week.   After that was finished, I packed my overnight bag and drove 90 minutes out to my brother's house so that I would be able to get some sleep before getting on the road to take him for surgery.

Monday morning, 3:30 am the alarm clock sounded and our day started.  We were on the road before 4am.   We made the 90 minute drive across the mountain and were at the hospital check in by 5:30.   From 5:30-7:45 if was a never ending cycle of "State your full name and birth date.  What are you having done today?  Do you have any questions?"   Surgery went well and I stayed until about 8pm before making the trek home to see the family and sleep in my own bed.   The girls worked independently on school work, then Olivia had volleyball practice in the evening.

Tuesday I had lunch with a gal pal to celebrate her upcoming membership in the 1/2 century club, grins.   The girls got a lot of school work done.   Olivia had her first away game this evening.   The won their first game, then dropped the next three.   She's really having a good time with this team, so that's huge for her!  Lindsey also had volleyball practice in the evening.

Wednesday we got started on school early.  By mid morning I was packed and ready to head back to the hospital to pick up my brother.   The girls proceeded to finish their school day and piddle around the house on projects the rest of the day until volleyball practice.

Thursday the girls were again responsible for their own schoolwork and meal preparation.   Lindsey hemmed a pair of pants for Olivia and they worked on straightening up the house until time for her volleyball practice.  Lindsey then had her practice at another location. I was still out of town, but got home around bedtime.   I ran by the ballet studio and picked up all the bookkeeping work and got that knocked out after everyone got to bed.

Friday was basically  a repeat of the rest of the week.  I dropped Lindsey off at work at the the museum, then ran to get groceries before heading back out to my brothers. There was no volleyball so it made the day a lot less hectic for my poor husband, he's never had to be the parental taxi service before.

In case you missed it, I shared about our 2018-2019 Extra Curricular Activities earlier in the week.

Have a great week!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a busy, busy week for you. The girls did great taking care of themselves.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very busy week for you. Hope your brother is doing well after his surgery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!