Pages

Friday, October 4, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - A Surprise!

At the end of last week (I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday), while I was fixing dinner, Olivia came in the kitchen with a wide eyed expression on her face, and a letter in her hand.  "I think you should read this" she said rather uncertainly.  It was her acceptance letter, to her #1 college choice, with an INCREDIBLE scholarship as well.   God is good! 
We spent Tuesday getting the FAFSA filled out to check that off of or our college "things to do" list.  Olivia had her class at the community college, and Lindsey had her first orthodontist check up since getting braces.  Thankfully she wasn't in as much pain this time as when she first had them put on.  School work was completed around the appointment schedule.

As part of her Consumer Science course, Lindsey has been working on her culinary skills this week.   She's made beef stew, no-bake cookies, a chocolate pound cake with a ganache, apple pie, zucchini bread and egg noodles, all from scratch.  Her apple pie was the best I've ever had!  I'm on carb overload ya'll!



The volleyball team the girls are on had team photos on Tuesday, at the same time as Olivia's college class.  Despite my pleading, the school administration wasn't willing to bump the photo time slot out 2 hours to allow us time to get there, so there will be no team photo this year.  I did however do a mini photo shoot on my own and got a couple of cute photos.



Teaching Textbooks has proved to be a great change to our math program.  I wish I'd made the change earlier, so Olivia could have used it as well.   Lindsey is in Algebra 2 and really is enjoying it, and carrying an "A" average, so it's definitely working for her.  

Olivia is pretty independent in her studies.  She's been working ahead in several classes and will probably finish up her language arts by the end of this calendar year.  She's in "get it done" mode.  She also worked one day at the farm this week.


This was the end of our first 8 weeks of this year's homeschooling journey.  Lindsey is still working at the museum, although typically only one day a week instead of two.  She only has two more months before her 2 year apprenticeship is completed.  The school year, and calendar year are going a lot faster than I expected, and the holidays seem to be closing in at record speed!

I think that's all of the news for this week.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful new about the acceptance and scholarship! I love your volleyball photos; too bad they won't have a team photo to go with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!