Pages

Friday, October 23, 2020

Weekly Wrap Up - Balmy October

Our temperatures went back up to the high 70's and low 80's this week.  Night temperatures are in the 50-60 range, so it's good sleeping weather, and not as frigid in the house when your first wake up.  The leaves are falling more than changing, I need to try to take photos, but it may not happen this year.  But, look at this cute little serving platter I picked up at TJMaxx!

Monday was pretty typical here, not exciting one way or the other, or at least nothing that pops into my head at the moment.  Olivia did find out that she didn't get the job at the veterinary clinic, they opted for someone with more experience.

Tuesday morning, I was up early and put some red lentil stew in the crockpot.  I dropped Olivia off at farm #1 at 7:15am and then I headed out to spend the day with my brother.  Lindsey stayed home and worked on her lessons and then caught up on all her favorite vlogs.   I picked Olivia back up at about 3:30pm and we were home in time to get dinner on the table.  The stew turned out really good (lentils, spicy ground sausage, tomatoes, garlic, beef broth, celery and onion).  I put a French baguette in the oven and by the time the husband got home we were ready to sit down to a delicious meal.  Volleyball and jiu-jitsu wrapped up our evening.

Wednesday I worked on laundry.  I typically do laundry Monday & Thursday, but this week we're way off schedule.  Olivia worked on lots of German and Lindsey plowed through her school work.  Lindsey had volleyball games at 7:30pm and 8:30pm.  Olivia took the practice ASVAB test online and was floored to see that she scored 100% on the math component.  She hated math, and it was her worst subject in high school, yet she scores really well in math on the SAT's and other tests.

Thursday morning I ran errands and picked up groceries.  Lindsey finished up the first book in her four book science program.  She had volleyball in the evening, but skipped jiu-jitsu so she could study for some big tests on Friday.  Olivia and I watched the Presidential debate together and had some good conversations about the material they covered.

Friday Lindsey had tests in geometry, world history and civics.   Her day went pretty quickly and she was done well before lunch.  We worked on cleaning the house and getting some projects done outside.  We're going to meet friends later and go see The Nightmare Before Christmas at the $3 theater.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Fun week. I haven't captured any really good pictures of the changing leaves. I always see them most beautiful when I am driving.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our leaves have all started falling too; it's so sad to see so many bare trees. I miss all those bright beautiful colors! We had nice warm temps. this week too but it's cooling off again already.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!