Pages

Friday, October 22, 2021

Weekly Wrap Up - Birthday Do-Over Recap

Olivia, Lindsey, Donna and I hit the road last Wednesday night and headed towards the beach for Lindsey's Sweet 16 trip/do-over.  We stopped in Rocky Mount, NC for the night, and then visited one of Donna's longtime friends on Thursday before heading to our final destination.   

We rented a cute beach house that was on Topsail Island.  The house was one street back from ocean front, but we could see and hear the beach from our back deck.  It was a great place to sit and have coffee, read and chat.  The house had a pool table, Olivia spent all of her free time shooting pool.

We did a few fun challenges.  The first night was the baby food challenge, where I'd bought 10 flavors of baby food and the other 3 had to taste each one and then try to name what was in it.  At one point, Olivia looked at me and said "Did you actually feed us this nasty stuff when we were babies?"   She was relieved to know that for the most part I made all their babyfood, with the exception of some of the fruit ones.


We also did the Beanboozled challenge.  We did the nasty one, not the fiery one.  The nasty flavors are liver & onions, old bandage, dirty dishwater, dead fish, rotten egg and lastly toothpaste.  Let me tell you, those nasty flavors are disgusting!!  We would all get the same color, and all hope we had the good flavor not the nasty one.  I ended up with EVERY.SINGLE.NASTY.FLAVOR.   The best part, was that Donna literally spewed on the rotten egg one, which started a horrible chain reaction that was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed in my life.  I laughed until I couldn't breathe.




The weather was perfect!  During the day it was clear and highs were in the upper 80's.  The girls were actually able to put on their swimsuits and get in the ocean.   We played miniature golf, went to an escape room and realized we are HORRIBLE at these things.  We also went to a wonderful outdoor fall festival on Saturday.  There were hundreds of craft vendors, food trucks, live music and SO many people outside enjoying themselves.  It was WONDERFUL!

We also did a mini-photo shoot for Lindsey, with several photo changes.  Olivia isn't big into this kind of thing, but we did get a couple of shots of her.   I've not gotten all the photos back, but here are a few sneak peeks.






Then there's always siblings being silly together.


We had a great time!  There was so much laughing and memory making, lots of great food and beautiful scenery.  We made good time coming home and were in our driveway by 3:30pm.  Donna still had another 2-ish hours to drive to her house after she chucked us out of the car.

This week has been pretty typical.  Lindsey's working every day, and keeping up with her school work.  Olivia had a farm sitting job this week so she's been busy.  I've been working on a few small projects around the house and making things to do lists to keep up the momentum, ha!

Have a good weekend everyone!  (My apologies for some of the photos being poor quality, my cell phone is horrible.)

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a really wonderful trip! My family refused to try Beanboozled after we learned that a family we knew threw up while playing... my boys are NOT Ok with getting sick. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip. I got the nasty ones when we played too. I was actually relieved to get the toothpaste after all the other nasty ones.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!