Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Ankle Deep vs. Over My Head

This is our third year of homeschooling.  The first two years we participated in a homeschool "activity day" that met once a month and offered some classes and fellowship.   This year, we've stepped into new waters, the weekly homeschool co-op.   I had planned for this to be my ankle deep year, to test the waters as it were.  So I opted not to sign up to teach a class this year, until I get my footing.  How's that working out for me you ask???

Today was co-op orientation.  We meet every Friday starting September 11 from 9am until 2:45, with 5 class periods and 2 lunch break/recess shifts.   I saw my schedule....I'm assisting in 3 of the 5 class periods, and a recess monitor and am on the emergency substitute teacher roster.    The waters, instantly shot neck high on me with little warning.  Although I can't swim worth a hoot in real water, I do know enough to know better than to panic when the water gets deep. 

Activity day is still on our agenda as well for the year.  It's only once a month for two hours.   I'll be teaching a Native American studies class for age 9 and up. I'm also the phone tree co-coordinator for the group.

So, is it better to dive in head first, or to get thrown in?   I'll let you know in a couple of months.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!