Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Teachable Moments

Sometimes, in the midst of our lesson planning, curriculum and scheduling, God hands us a teachable moment in our child's life.  I'm sure I've missed more than my fair share, but this past week we had a noteworthy teachable moment.

Lindsey and I were in the kitchen doing something or other and during our conversation, she made some statement (which escapes me at the moment) and my response was "preach it girl friend!"  She looked at me with those big brown eyes and said "I can't preach mom, I'm a kid."    So I asked her to sing the Extended Hands song she has learned at church.   Her little voice was crisp and clear as she sang:

Man is a sinner and
Heaven is free
God is love
Christ died for you and me
If by faith, you receive, you will live eternally!!

When she finished I told her, that what she'd just sung was sharing the gospel of Jesus; and that is what preaching is.   She was stunned momentarily, then a big old grin crossed her face and she exclaimed "I CAN PREACH!!"      Yes, preach it girl friend!!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!