Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

In My Homeschool: Week 6

 

In My Homeschool Linky 300px

My new 6 weeks on 1 week off schedule is TOTALLY working for us right now.  Especially since this is our week off, grins!   I implemented this schedule at the beginning of the 2013-2014 school year and I’m kicking myself for not starting it earlier.

Some of the reasons it works for us is:

  1. It gives me a break from “teacher” and lets me just be mom.
  2. It gives the kids some down time to just be kids and play with out having to get through lessons in time to get out the door to extra curricular.
  3. Housework – yes, it gives me time to deep clean the house once every six weeks without feeling like I’ve neglected academics.

It just so happens that our biggest snow storm of the year hit this week while we’re off.  So we’ve spent a lot of time playing in the snow and not having to rush in to finish up school work.

Just a little something that’s working In My Homeschool.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Even though we unschool, we follow this same schedule because we still formally learn math, and I have to document everything we do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard several people who love this type of schedule! And regular deep cleaning keeps me sane too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!