Pages

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Popcorn Balls

My husbands grandmother made popcorn balls every fall/Halloween.  It's one of his favorite childhood memories.   I've endeavored to keep that tradition alive for him and make it part of our children's memory bank as well.

For the first couple of years, I used a recipe that called for lots of ingredients, and they were good.  But pouring boiling liquid over popcorn and then trying to form balls without getting scalded wasn't my idea of a fun family activity, so I adapted.

I pop my popcorn on top of the stove in a big soup pot, but you can use microwaved popcorn or a popcorn popper, it really doesn't matter.   I fix enough to fill my biggest Tupperware bowl.   Then melt a bag of marshmallows in the microwave by melting 30 seconds, stir, repeat as necessary until melted.   Then combine the popcorn and melted marshmallows.   Combining works best by using your buttered hands, not a spoon or spatula.



There is nothing redeeming about these treats.  It's total sugar/carb overload.  It's ok to do that once a year, right?
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. That is one treat we've never tried making; sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love popcorn balls. We haven't made those in years.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!