Pages

Friday, October 27, 2017

Weekly Wrap Up - Champions!

My volleyball team held on and took the tournament on Saturday!  I'll be honest, in the first game I thought they were going to just give it away.  One of my best players was just.not.moving and it took me a while to realize that the problem was that her dad was there, and he was sitting in the wide open, directly in front of her being....a counter productive parent, ahem.  I finally had to pull her out, but we were way behind by then and dropped that first game, the only one all season.   Once we switched to the opposite side of the court, where she couldn't see him at all she was back to being a top player, and we took the next two games to clinch the match.    I had a talk with Dad between games, Dad didn't like me at that point, but he listened, thank goodness.   We won every game from then on by a large margin and ended the season with a championship.     I am super proud of this fine group of young ladies.
The rest of the weekend was very low key.  I worked in my flower beds some on Saturday evening, we did some reading in "The Yearling" and chilled out.   Sunday of course was church and Christmas play practice, but nothing overly taxing on that day either.

Monday was a nice, get things done kind of day.   The girls plowed through their school work, and even did some extra in preparation of Tuesday's field trip.  We even had time in the afternoon to make homemade popcorn balls.

Tuesday we had a field trip to a local zoo/reptile center with our homeschool co-op.   There were a few big name animals, like a Bengal tiger, lynx, lemurs and monkeys.   However the goats in the petting zoo area seemed to be the most popular animals, until the rat snake was brought out for handling.  Then roughly 45 minutes later we were dragging the kids out the door, under protest I might add.




We all stopped for lunch on the way home and then the 4 teens in  my van spent the 90 minute drive back playing "Never Have I Ever".   The lone boy in the van said "I like this game, you get to learn more about each other!"      We came home tried to finish up some schoolwork, eat dinner and then get Olivia to her first JV basketball practice (6:15-8:15pm).

Wednesday morning we played catch up, getting to whatever lessons weren't finished the day before.  Then the girls worked on regular school work, and I went to lunch with one of my favorite homeschool gal pals.  Our kids are the exact same ages, but she has 2 boys, me 2 girls.   Now that they are all old enough to leave home to work independently, we meet for lunch at least once a month and try out a new venue.  Sometimes the restaurant is new to the area, sometimes just new to us.   Wednesday evening is of course church.

Thursday was busy.  I had to take a family member to medical appointments in the morning while the girls worked on lessons independently.  I had a co-op planning meeting in the evening.  I think our third year is going to be really awesome, if it works out the way we've planned.     Olivia had her 2nd basketball practice in the evening as well, so the husband got to play chauffeur for her this time.

Friday (today) we have co-op, followed by grocery shopping and basketball practice.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up.
Pin It!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and your volleyball team on the tournament win! We had a team of homeschool girls go to a tournament this past weekend too. The zoo trip looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep trying to find a homeschool league in our area/state. I know they exist, but haven't had any success in finding one.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on winning the championship! The zoo/ reptile center looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The owner/guide at the zoo was....bizarre and off color in several of his comments. It was a good day, but not quite what we'd thought it would be.

      Delete
  3. Busy and productive week. Great job on all the volleyball accomplishments and the zoo looks like fun too.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to all on the volleyball victory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the championship . . . but even more on handling the dad well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!