Pages

Monday, December 18, 2017

Christmas Ornaments and Family Fun

When I planned out this academic year I also planned on doing a daily Christmas ornament craft with the girls every day in December, up until we broke for the holidays.   Yeah, so then reality set in and between Olivia's heavy academic load, playing JV basketball and everything else going on, I saw that the likelihood of us having time to do something every day wasn't likely.   Instead I scheduled a crafting day and left it at that.

Most of the crafts here can be found on my Christmas Pinterest Board if you need more in depth directions, or if you want to see what it SHOULD have looked like in comparison to what ours actually DID look like.   As you can see, Santa stopped by to craft with us.





We made little felt ornaments, little hats, decorated glass balls and make some yarn orbs.   Here's a peek at a few of the finished items (the yarn orbs are STILL drying, so the balloons haven't been popped).






Our ornaments didn't turn our perfect, and we didn't get to nearly as many of the projects as I'd had planned.  But we spent 4 hours laughing, talking, singing Christmas songs and making memories, so it was a very successful day!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These are quite cute! I really wanted to make some sewn felt ornaments with my boys this year but they didn't want to even try. I love the little stocking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!