Pages

Friday, May 25, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Last Week of Co-op

I'm working on my summer things to do list, and making a little headway with it.  Saturday was supposed to be our yardsale - the last official fund raiser for Haiti.  However the rain was still heavy so I had to postpone.    However, I've managed to get the spring cleaning done in the master bedroom, living room and kitchen then week...so the list is dwindling.

We did get a few moments of sunshine this week, just enough for me to get out and weed the gardens...and for us to fix the roof leak that popped up.     Here's what my view is like as I stand at the kitchen sink every day.   The irises and poppies have bloomed out already, but it won't be long until the black eyed Susan's and asters start to open up.
School has been pretty basic this week.   Lindsey is heading into her last 10 math lessons of the year, and will finish up next week since she's doubling up now.   I've worked out the schedule for the next few weeks, and Olivia will totally finish up on June 18 if nothing comes up to  throw us off schedule.   She just has Algebra 2 and Biology left.   

I have realized that co-op on Fridays has really cost us a lot of time in the long run.   This year was especially bad, since none of the co-op classes are core classes and really didn't help us at all.  The coming year will have Olivia doing 3 core high school credit classes through co-op and Lindsey will have 2 core classes as well.    However, we will have to do math on Fridays when we get home this year instead of calling it a day after co-op is done.

Lindsey worked two days at the museum this week.   She's really enjoying being there, probably just as much as Olivia did when she was there.  She works in the gardens and tends the animals, and of course tells visitors about the farm and time frame.   In her downtime, when they are slow, she has been working on her knitting and is really getting quite good at is.

In sewing this week, Lindsey made a cute little skirt.   All together it took her about 2.5 hours to complete, but for her first I thought that was pretty fast.   Isn't it the cutest?
Today (Friday) is our last co-op meeting of the year.   We're basically doing board games, minute to win-it games and of course PIZZA!!  After co-op, I have a 45-60 minute window in which to set up tables for our first annual used curriculum sale for the area.  So far, I have 21 folks signed up to sell.....so I'm hoping we have a lot of shoppers coming through.   The sale runs to 5pm, then there's cleanup, so I'm looking at a 10 hour day...sigh.

How was your week?
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. I hope your sale goes well. We are really wrapping up now too. I love the skirt. I wish I could sew.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never liked to sew, but I'm glad she's loving it. It will serve her well through life.

      Delete
  2. I love the farewell party idea for the co-op! We finished up our work this week and enjoyed a nice day off today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had our last co-op a couple weeks ago but it's only this week that we can actually enjoy the open block of time! Your garden looks lovely, by the way. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love my working in the dirt!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!