Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Camp Week

You ever notice how some thoughts just pop into your brain out of nowhere?  I had just laid down to sleep at about 11:30 Friday night when the thought suddenly hit me that I haven't had any comments on the blog in a long time.    I held onto that thought until sometime Saturday when I went in to check and found several months worth of comments that I'd never gotten the notifications for.   I published all of the comments, and finally got all of them answered.  My apologies to those of you who've been faithfully commenting and stopping by.

I noticed too, based on a couple of comments, that I apparently hadn't explained a thought process very well way back in May.   When I said I was going to have to contemplate on whether to continue, I was referring to blogging and all these crazy new stipulations that keep getting added.   I in no way meant I was thinking about quitting homeschooling, that's a non negotiable thing for us.

Monday morning the girls left for youth camp for the week.   We had our traditional extra girl, and our traditional homemade Belgian waffles with Nutella and whipped cream for breakfast before they left.   YUM!!     Once I dropped everyone off I made quick work of my things to do list and then went out to lunch and did a little shopping.   

The youth group leaders have been great about posting daily photos of the kids, so I'll sprinkle a few of those throughout my post, since I've done nothing photo worthy on my own.    The kids are assigned team colors at youth, and Olivia is on light blue.   I see they put her artistic skills to work to create their team flag (below).

Tuesday I worked on lesson plans, and revamped a few things about fall subjects.   Co-op classes are going to be a no go since we lost yet another teacher/family....this one enrolled in a private Christian school for the upcoming year.   It left a hole in middle school students and teachers that I just couldn't fill, and I've backed up and punted so many times this year I just don't have it in me to do it again.     The husband and I went out to dinner and then spent the evening inventorying our Haiti donations at the church.

Lindsey is on team yellow.   In the photo below they are playing slip and slide kickball.   The bases are kiddie pools full of water.  You run on sheets of wet plastic and slide into the kiddie pool to get on base.
Wednesday I had lunch with my brother, then I headed out in search of suitcases to transport the Haiti donations.  I ended up with 5 large ones for $10.50, and two other large ones free!  A good, productive day.   Worked on some school things again in the evening.


Thursday was my scrapping day.   I always try to set aside one day during youth camp to get caught up on scrap booking.  I got an early start and then went and got my haircut...then home to finish.    The husband and I used our last gift card (Olive Garden) and went out to dinner again.

Friday....the kids will be returning sometime around noon.  They'll be famished and there will be crazy amounts of laundry to be done.  Then we'll focus on getting everyone rested up and for the next adventure.

How was your week?
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week - how nice to have some time to scrapbook and prep for the next school year while the kids are at camp! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!