Pages

Friday, June 22, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - The One I Forgot About

Here it is, midway through Friday morning and I'm just now realizing that I totally forgot to write a Weekly Wrap Up.   Somehow I thought I had another day in the week, sigh.

Monday was a fairly typical day, except the heat index was well over 105!   Olivia continued to work through her remedial Algebra 2, biology and her WWII Unit Study during the morning.   In the evening Lindsey had sewing class and she made his totally cute bowl cozy.

Tuesday Lindsey worked all day at the museum.   The heat was just as bad, if not worse.   I worked in our gardens early in the day, and managed to get the dog a bath.   Olivia, bless her heart was still plugging along.    Olivia and I had our last Haiti planning meeting in the evening.   The biggest issue at this point is transportation to the airport in DC, sigh.

Wednesday was just average.   School, reading, sewing and popsicles were the standard.

Thursday, Lindsey was again at the museum all day.   Olivia took her first test in the remedial algebra 2 and got a 100!!   Hallelujah.   The afternoon brought volleyball practice and crazy rains that caused unprecedented flash flooding here in our small city!

Friday (today) Olivia takes her biology final, and then, drum roll......I officially have a JUNIOR!!   Wowza!   We already have a college visit lined up for late July.   I don't know that she'll go to a 4-year college, but it'll be interesting to go and visit.

This week on the blog I shared our review of Persuasive Writing and Classical Rhetoric: Practicing the Habits of Great Writer's.  This might be of interest to those of you with high school students.

I hope you've had a great week!
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Her bowl cozy is adorable! And wow for a 100 in Algebra. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very pleased with both! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Love the bowl cozy! Great job, Lindsey! Congrats, Olivia, on a job well done! Cannot believe we have juniors ... prayers for your trip to Haiti.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!