Pages

Friday, September 21, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Post Hurricane Week

Sunday night into mid day Monday is when we had the heaviest rains from Florence.   County schools in our area were closed all day, city schools closed mid-day when they realized roads in the city were getting blocked by water.  Even the museum where Lindsey works had to close due to the flooding.  There was damage in our area, but thankfully nothing like they had originally told us to expect.   My heart goes out to those in the Carolina's who were hit with the worst of the storm.

Olivia's art project from last week was completed after my wrap up had gone live, so I saved it for this week.   Her assignment was to use watercolors, only blue and recreate a photograph.   She really thought outside the box, and this was her final project.  The photo does not do it justice.

Monday was not a "rain day" for us.   We had our regular lessons and each girl worked ahead a little bit to make the rest of the week lighter.   Olivia was supposed to have a volleyball game in the evening, but that was postponed until Wednesday night because of the rains.

Tuesday was just a normal day of school work for us.  The city schools went back, but county schools were still closed.  This meant Lindsey's volleyball in the evening was cancelled.   Olivia however still had her game (she plays for a private school).

Wednesday morning the new appliance repair guy came to look at my washer.  In just a few minutes he had it working, and it only cost me $59.   Much better than the other guy who said I needed a new machine.    Now I'm wondering if last year's refrigerator debacle could have been avoided.   Needless to say, I have a new appliance repair guy now.    The girls got their work done early and we met friends from our old co-op at 1pm to go bowling. 
Our evening was a bit rushed.   Olivia's volleyball game started at 5pm, and both Tom and I had to be at church by 7pm for the classes we teach.   Thankfully the game went smooth and quick and they finished by 6:30pm, so we were able to get where we needed to be.

Thursday I got to do laundry!  You might think this is nothing to be excited about, but I had to go to the laundromat last week and it cost me $12 to wash 4 loads of clothes...and they smelled funny after wards....shudder.   I was happy to have laundry day at home.   The girls got their schoolwork done pretty early and Olivia took a nap....this does not bode well.  I dropped her off at 3:30 to ride the team bus to her away volleyball game.  We all drove over to the game as soon as my husband got in from work.

Friday I dropped Lindsey off to work early.  They had several school groups in during the day and they had a barn dance with the kids.  Lindsey loved this part of her day.   I picked up groceries and let Olivia sleep in until I got home.   Once she was awake and functional, Olivia finished up her work for the day.   They had volleyball practice from noon - 3pm, which was odd/different.   While everyone was gone I worked on mowing our yard since there was finally a break in the rain and the grass is ridiculously high.

We've got a crazy busy weekend with volleyball (I'm coaching again), Olivia has an archery contest and then we're heading to my sister-in-laws house for "Mexican night".

Have a great weekend!
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I am down a dryer right now and using the laundromat to dry our clothes. It isn't so bad since it is less than a mile away and drying is much cheaper than washing. Hopefully ours will be up and running in a week or two. Love the artwork. That is wonderful. Glad you all came through the storm well.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how unsettling it is to have to prepare for a Hurricane. I am happy ours fizzled out at the last moment. I really hate doing laundry. It's now the chore I am happy to report that my kids do for themselves. When they were babies, we actually paid someone to do their laundry since we both worked outside the home and it would pile up, leaving us little time for anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!