Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

Monday Momentum - Eggs Are My Friend

My goal last week was to get to the gym at least twice, it didn't happen.   It was a hectic week, most of which was spent away from home, and going to the gym was the last thing on my mind.   I did however still go to volleyball on Friday night and played for two hours straight, and worked up quite the sweat.

I've found that eggs are truly my friend on this way of eating.      Olivia's been bringing home farm fresh, brown eggs, for us and these are so much better than store bought, aren't they pretty?   The photo really doesn't do justice to the color, they are almost an orange/brown.
I like eggs fried in butter, but since I can't have toast I don't want fried eggs.    Instead, I've gone to having 3 deviled eggs for "brunch" sometime between 10:30am and noon, depending on when I feel hungry.   I don't like refrigerated deviled eggs, so each day I make a batch.
I don't use a "recipe", I just mix some mayo, mustard, sour cream (when I have it), salt, pepper and paprika together and then blend it into the egg yolks.   Once I fill the eggs with the mixture I add more paprika and I'm done.   DELISH!

Even though it was a busy week, and I cheated a bit on Wednesday while I was out all day, I still managed to drop weight and am now at a 46.4 pound loss (started September 10, 2018).   I'm really happy to see the number on the scale going in the right direction once again.

I have a goal for January, I want to be down another pounds by the end of the moth.  The gym looks more likely to fit in the schedule for next week and that should help a lot.

How was you week?  What healthy thing did you add, or unhealthy thing did you remove from your lifestyle?
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the awesome work! Eggs are definitely a staple in my diet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to eat more eggs too but honestly, I just done like them unless they are baked into a quiche which kind of defeats the whole purpose of eating healthy eggs! I did hard boil some this week and ate one so it's a start...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try making a frittata, maybe you can fool yourself into thinking it's quiche, or make a crustless quiche.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!