Pages

Friday, March 29, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - Box Week

It was a good week, first off it was BOX WEEK!!!   All the new items arrived for the fall and I was dang near giddy about it...the kids, not so much.   Giddy might be a stretch, but I did really enjoy looking at the new things, especially the science.   I'll have a curriculum picks post coming in the next week or so.

On Monday, Olivia had her first job interview and came home gainfully employed.   She'll be a camp counselor at the YMCA during summer break.   She's really excited and I'm sure she'll do a great job.  She has to get finger printed for the new job, which I've never done myself so this is a first for us. Olivia also finished her world history class on Monday.  Lindsey is still working steadily towards the finish line.
Tuesday Lindsey and I were up and out the door early for a long day of not fun stuff.  We were at least able to run by and visit my brother for a while on our journey.  Olivia caught a ride to the farm with a friend.   She got to watch the veterinarian do pregnancy checks on the cows, which I thought sounded horribly disgusting, but she thought it was really interesting.  After the vet check, they spent the day dig fence post holes.   Once we were all home, Olivia took her final exam and finished up her world literature for the year.

Wednesday Olivia spent a second day working on fences.  Lindsey got her school work done early, then she and I hit the El Salvadorian restaurant again...yum!   Olivia was pretty worn out and still had Spanish work to complete so she skipped church to get caught up.

Thursday was a beautiful day, it finally looked AND felt a bit like spring.   The fence project was on day three, and was completed early afternoon, so Olivia was able to get another riding lesson in as well. Lindsey worked on her lessons, then helped me with laundry and house cleaning.   In the evening we all worked on some yard work.

Friday we were off early to get Olivia's finger printing done, then we dropped her off at the farm.  Lindsey and I went grocery shopping while we were out and she finished her schoolwork when we got home.  The weather was beautiful and we spent the afternoon outside working in the flower beds and gardens.

I hope you all have a great weekend!
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. I remember getting fingerprinted (twice) for various teaching jobs I did. Lucky for me I had a relative that worked at the police station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did her fingerprints electronically, which was pretty neat.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh! The boxes look so exciting stacked up like that. Only a homeschool mom would think so. Congrats on the new job and classes being completed.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Box week is almost as good as Christmas....but not quite.

      Delete
  3. Yay for new jobs and farm time and box day! I can't wait to see what was in the boxes, it's almost as fun seeing what other people pick as it is choosing our own materials.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!