Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

Weekly Wrap Up - Fun Stuff

Olivia headed off to youth camp on Monday morning. Lindsey chose not to go this year, so while her sister was off at camp, we spent the week doing a "stay-cation" of sorts.

Monday my brother drove out to see us and we went to Chick-fil-a, for lunch and then to the $3 theater to watch Endgame.  Such a great movie!  I will not share anything about what happened in the movie, so as not to spoil it for you if you haven't seen it...but, wow!    Once the husband got home from work we went out to dinner and used up one of our Christmas gift cards.  Then we came home and watched Aquaman.

Tuesday, the husband was off work, and we ventured out to Jellystone Park to spend the day swimming and playing in the water slides and splash park.  There were lots of other things to do (mini-golf, paddle boats, etc.) but when it's 90 in Virginia, the water is where you want to be.

Wednesday we slept in, then packed a big picnic basket of food and headed to the pool for the day.  I'm a glow in the dark kind of pale, and am happy to report that after two days in the sun and water, and copious amounts of sunblock, I never got burned!!!  In the evening we went to a tailgate party and then attended a baseball game.

Thursday it was hot and humid, and I'm glad we weren't planning to be back outside all day.  Instead we headed to another city with more options for shopping.   We were surprised to see that one full week into summer, the swimsuits are on clearance, and Christmas items were already up in Hobby Lobby.   Lindsey found a new swimsuit and a few other items before we went to lunch.  We had one more gift card left, so we went to Olive Garden for soup/salad/bread sticks.   Storms rolled in during the evening and we settled in at home and watched old movies.

Friday morning Tom returned to work, Lindsey went back to the museum and Olivia returned home from camp midday.   Here are a few photos I lifted (with permission) from the youth group's page.

I was hoping for more photos, but honestly there's always lots of photos of certain kids, and very few of others...Olivia always falls into the latter category, and to be honest it annoys me greatly.    The photos are my way of checking in on her while she's gone.  They aren't allowed to take any type of electronic device (which she doesn't have anyway)...so if I can find her in a photo I rest easier knowing she's ok, and if I can see her face/eyes I can tell how it's going for her.

The weekend will be spent catching up on laundry and sleep for Olivia, and packing Lindsey to go out of town for the upcoming week.   It's a busy time, and a fun time as they spread their wings and head off on their own adventures...but it's nice to have all my chicks back at home too.  I know we're running full force towards and empty nest, so I enjoy all the running I do with them now, it won't last much longer.

Have a great weekend!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo of her getting soaked with the bucket; it's too bad they aren't trying to take more photos of EVERYONE and not just the more popular kids. Sounds like you all had a great week. We've been by the water all week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Summer Fun party. Pinned.

      Delete
  2. What a fun staycation. I love all the activities. The photo taking or lack there of would annoy me greatly too.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!