Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas!

It’s a balmy Christmas Eve morning (high 70's in Virginia in December...odd), and one of my children was complaining that it doesn’t feel like Christmas because of the warm temperatures. This was a teaching opportunity, so I jumped on it and will also throw it out to you.

Feelings change quicker and more erratically than the weather. Some days I don’t “feel” married, or I don’t “feel” like a mom (who are these kids and why do they keep calling me mom?). Some days I don’t “feel” saved, or “feel” like the burden removing, yoke destroying power of God is alive in me. Yet, I am married, I am a mom and I certainly am saved and walking in the anointing. Putting aside your feelings, and doing what you know to do shows your character, it keeps you out of trouble and often times gives way to your biggest triumphs.

Today we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus, the Messiah, the Savior. It doesn’t matter if the temperature is “wrong”, or if it’s not really the day He was born. What matters is that you choose to receive the gift that Jesus is, and all that He offers. Celebrate Him. Snow is optional.

Merry Christmas!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!