Pages

Monday, January 15, 2018

Haiti - 2018

Well the title kind of gives it away, but hey...we're going to Haiti!!   When I say we, I mean Olivia and I.    I guess I need to back up and start from the beginning now that your interest has been piqued.

One of the biggest things I try to teach the kids is to hear from God for themselves.   I don't want them doing this whole "church thing" just because that's what our family does on certain days of the week.

When Olivia said she wanted to discuss something with me, the last thing I was expecting was for her to say she wanted to go on a missions trip.   She's not a moved by compassion kind of teen (she is very much like her mother, ahem).   But she said that she felt like this is what God's speaking to her about doing.   I discussed it with my husband, and seeing as the girl will be 15 at the time of the trip, there's no way in the world we're letting her go alone (even though it's with a group from our church).  He thought it better for me to go with her, she agreed she'd feel more comfortable traveling out of country with me...so yeah, I'm heading to Haiti in July (although March isn't totally out if her passport comes in time.)

We went the last week of December and applied for Olivia's passport.  I have my passport from my last missions trip to Ethiopia.   I was surprised at the differences in getting a passport for a minor compared to that of an adult.     I need to call and make an appointment for immunizations next.

There's lots to be done from scheduling (both for the trip and for Lindsey here at home), fundraising, and working on  getting a plan for what we'll be doing while there.   The group we're going with will tweak the trip for the skills/abilities/gifting of those who are going so that we're all able to be a part of whats being done.

So, be expecting updates along the way.    If any of you would like to donate funds to support the trip financially let me know.    I'd love to have you praying with and for us!  Can't wait to share more!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. SO this is the big news and announcement right?! That's wonderful! We're currently trying to get passports for us all and I was surprised at how much it has changed to get a child passport (from waaay back when I was in high school and needed to get mine).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the announcement!! Exciting, right?

      Delete
  2. How exciting - especially that she is discerning hearing God’s voice!!

    I may need to chat with you about passports. I have four to apply for this week and want to make sure I don’t forget anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! What a great opportunity this will be for both of you.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to see what God does in and through Olivia!

      Delete
  4. WOW, this is awesome. Yep, these are the days God spoke of when our young people are going to do some world rocking. Am so very excited for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Can't wait to see what He does in and through these young folks!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!