Pages

Friday, January 5, 2018

Weekly Wrap Up - Welcome 2018

It seems like just yesterday that all the world was in a complete panic and uproar over the Y2K scare.   Now here we are in 2018 and computers are still chugging along, more so than ever.

We spent New Year's Eve at home playing games, eating pizza and snacking on leftover Christmas cookies.  The fact that the temperatures here are in the single digits, with wind chills well below zero, really made us not want to venture out at all.  We did stay up past midnight and celebrated with some sparking grape juice.  I of course failed to take any photographs of any of the goings on.  

But not to worry, I did take a photo of our end of the holiday season, at home family meal.   It was a simple meal of turkey, dressing balls, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy and rolls.   I know some people are glad to hand off the holiday cooking, but I like making holiday meals for my little family, so I pick a random day when we don't have an extended family meal to go to.
Tuesday the husband returned to work (it was also his birthday), and the girls and I returned to our homeschooling.   It was good to get back into our routine.   Lindsey started her new grammar and history programs and began reading Anne of Green Gables for literature.   Olivia started off her day with a biology test, which went surprisingly well considering the long break.   We baked the husband a cake and had dinner ready when he go home from work so we could eat before heading out to basketball practice.

Wednesday was pretty standard.   I see that the holiday break seemed to really help Olivia reboot.   She's doing much better in her schoolwork and getting done early afternoon instead of dragging it out all day.   We had church in the evening.

Thursday was even colder, with more wind.  We spent the morning by the fire, drinking tea and working on lessons.   Lindsey is really enjoying her new history and worked on some chalk pastel work to go with the artist study.  Art is not one of her strongest areas, but she was very pleased with how this project turned out.
 
 

 After dinner we all bundled up and make the trek over to Olivia's basketball game.   Let me tell you, that gym is not the warmest place to be!   I'm very thankful for our warm home.

Friday (today) is our first day back to co-op.  The students had a  literature project to work on over the break, so I'm anxious to see how those all turned out.  Hopefully I'll have pictures to share next week.   After co-op I'm hoping to get to the grocery store, it just depends on how windy and cold it is at that time.  The In the evening, Lindsey and I are working the concession stand at basketball for a boys basketball game, then Olivia will have practice.  Before leaving for co-op I started a pot of homemade vegetable beef soup in the crockpot, so a warm dinner will be waiting when all is said and done for the day.

I have a few exciting things coming up, I'll be posting about those next week, I think, so stay tuned!


Pin It!

7 comments:

  1. Good week, nice job on the artist study, you should linkmup at kyms

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stayed home much of these week too; its has been SO Cold! I too enjoy cooking meals and plan to cook a special dinner near a holiday instead of on the actual holiday if we have somewhere to be. Besides if I don't cook the meal I don't have any leftover to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who makes an extra holiday meal for the fun of it!

      Delete
  3. The crazy cold kept us in a lot too. We did go out for dance, doctor appointments and to hand out blankets to the homeless, but that is it. Glad school kicked off well.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always fail to take pictures during our New Year celebration too. :-) It's good to ease back into the school routines, and we would have done it as well, except that we had some cancellations because of the weather. Stay warm, and thanks for linking up! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cancellations are something I look forward to anymore!!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!