Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2009

2009-2010 Curriculum Choices (I’m pretty sure, I think…maybe.)

I don't necessarily take the summer off from schooling...nor do I school all summer.  What I did last year, and attempted this year is to use the summer for improving reading skills and either move ahead in math or refine math skills, depending on which is needed more. 

Admittedly, we've been a little too unstructured since around March/April.     So, although the "school year" hasn't started, I'm annoyed that I'm only 23 lessons into the fall curriculum...does anyone care, or even know other than me?  Doubtful...with the exception of those of you who are reading my ramblings.

Here are my picks for this year, although they are subject to change over the course of the year as I review new products through the Homeschool Crew

Both girls will be using the same curriculum, with the exception of Lindsey will be doing the K4 in Abeka, and Olivia will be doing the 1st Grade Abeka.

Abeka 1 Phonics, Reading, Writing, Spelling
Abeka 1 Mathematics
Cantering the Country (geography, history, science, literature....)
Awana (Bible)
Song School Latin
Discovering Great Artists

So as of right now, that's what we're going with.  I can't promise it won't change...especially the one 1st Grade product that has WAY too many teacher manuals, broken up into WAY too many sections for the same lessons....just sayin'.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I know it's a little late, but you might still be able to use them. Over at Confessions of a Homeschooler blog she made some phonics ladder blends, if you type in her search tab "Ladder Blends" it should come up.
    She made up ladder blends based on the way Abeka teaches. They Look very cute.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!