Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Seven!

Lindsey has been struggling with number recognition.  More specifically, she's had trouble with the number 7.    Her counting is fine, she can do simple addition in her head, but she can't seem to grasp the number 7 when she sees it. 

I printed out a large number 7 on cardstock, then cut it into 7 pieces and made a puzzle for her.  So I have her count the pieces, then assemble the puzzle.  I also had her spend some time writing the number 7 on a piece of paper.  Each time she wrote it, she was to say "seven".

So on Friday night, before I went to bed I went in to check if she had kicked the covers off.  She had of course, so I started to cover her.   As I did, she rolled over, still sound asleep and shouted "SEVEN!!"

Poor thing, maybe we worked on it too hard?

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!