Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Our First Day Back

Today was our first day “back to school”.  Lindsey is thrilled to be “officially” in kindergarten now.   Olivia didn’t really seem impressed by her “2nd grade” status. 

028 041

Things went well!  I planned a low key week until we can get back in the routine.  I do see that  I’ll need to really beef up Lindsey’s K-5 work for her, so I opted to let her sit in on First Language Lessons with her sister.

We did the first 2 lessons in FLL, and introduced the poem “The Caterpillar” by Christina G. Rossetti and I asked both girls to work on an illustration of the poem. 

Olivia likes lots of color, can’t you tell?!   Although, I was happy that she included the caterpillar, chrysalis and butterfly instead of just getting hung up on the caterpillar part.

044 Lindsey's rendition was fun.  I loved that her caterpillar had such a big happy smile, but with all the sunshine and fluffy clouds, who can blame it?

046All in all, it was a good first day!

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! We don't start until the 16th. Nobody at my house is excited, except me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!