Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Ornament Show and Tell

Christmas Ornament Show and Tell

Jolanthe at No Ordinary Moments got all sappy this week as she decorated her tree.  It’s amazing how ornaments from years past can bring back such vivid memories.  So in an effort to share that sappiness, she’s decided to do “Christmas Ornament Show and Tell”.    I love collecting ornaments, so indulge me as I share in a moment of sappy with her, and you!

This first ornament is probably the oldest one I have of my own.  My older brother gave this little porcelain mouse bell to me when I was in first grade.

100_5023This lovely metal angel was the last gift Thomas’ grandmother ever gave me.  She passed away December 21, 2005.  This was the gift that she’d put under her tree for me.

100_5000

I love this ornament, first because it’s the Nativity and is what Christmas is all about.  I also love it because it’s made of  olive wood from Israel.100_5024100_5027 100_5025

The little glass dog in a stocking was a gift from my Mom when I was young.  The little gingerbread house has a spot in the bottom to insert a light, so all the windows light up and twinkle when the tree is plugged up.

Thomas’ aunt painted this lovely slate ornament for us our firs Christmas as a married couple.  The little rocking chair on the left belonged to a deceased family member, so the little ornament helps keep her involved at Christmas.

100_5026 100_5004

Be sure to visit No Ordinary Moments to view everyone else’s linky.

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. That slate ornament is so pretty!! And I love that nativity ornament too.

    I changed your linky on the blog since it was redirecting to my post. :) Couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting to your blog...but I fixed it for ya, so hopefully you'll have some more company now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!