Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up–The Swan Flu Aftermath

So last week was stage week for the spring ballet “The Swan Princess”, with the performance on Sunday. A NASTY bug started running through the cast early in the week, hitting a different group of kids each day.  Lindsey was ill early in the week, Olivia was sickon Saturday.  Thankfully she was well by Sunday and able to perform.    Friday nights dress rehearsal was cut short because of projectile vomiting by a baby swan dancer during the closing scene.  So we’ve all lovingly named the bug “The Swan Flu”….today I’m feeling ooky.

I didn’t get any photos of the girls over the week/weekend (I’m a photo failure).  In my defense, I was busy selling tickets and working backstage.   I ended up working the spring recital (for the youngest kids), in a room full of 40 girls under the age of 4…alone…no other adult….so the failure to take photos of my own children was totally understandable.  However, if you really want to see some great photos, you can look at the official photographers site here.  Lindsey is in the opening scene in yellow, and in the closing scene as a baby swan in white.   Olivia was in the Makura scene and is wearing green/purple dress with a white head covering…you can’t see her a great deal.  They placed her behind the tallest girl in class…so you see the tall girl, and extra elbows, the elbows are Olivia. 

I did manage to remember to take photos of the flowers they received after the performance…go me.

032031

We also had the Awana Grand Prix for Olivia’s club, TNT.   As is typical, Olivia had one of the slower cars and was eliminated early on.  But she had a great time cheering for her friends and watching the race., and she got a lovely “also participating” ribbon, so she was happy.

028

Lindsey is trying her best to have a ball season this year.  So far MOST of her games have been rained out, and so have her make up games.  Team photos have been rescheduled twice so far as well.   On the ONE sunny day in the last two weeks I got a few photos!!

005018

The last pieces of our curriculum for the fall arrived this week.  I was a bit more excited than the girls about the matter.   So I guess I should be doing a post about our curriculum choices soon, huh?

I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!   Be sure to visit the Weekly Wrap Up!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by!