Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up–Making Progress

This is my first full week back home.   Woot!!   I can’t tell you the number of times the girls have said how glad they are to have me home again!!

My goal for this week was to get the house back in order.   Yeah, well, I’m making progress!  I’ve managed to get the sun porch painted and deep cleaned, the master bath deep cleaned and the living room and hallway deep cleaned.  (Deep cleaned meaning the walls are washed, furniture moved, floors waxed, decorations and woodwork washed, windows washed and the curtains and throw rugs washed.)   In addition, I managed to get caught up on two book reviews.   Creating Innovators – The Making of Young People Who Will Change the World and God Loves Broken People.   I’d so hoped to get more finished this week, but alas, tis not so.

The girls have been spending a lot of time outside this week.  The weather was finally spring like with mild temperatures and no humidity.   They turned one of the bushes into a fort…and then the dog pretty much ATE the fort.   Yeah, dumb dog.

Olivia and the dog got tripped up over each other on Thursday and she took a pretty hard fall, landing somehow on her elbow/forearm.  It doesn’t appear to be broken, as she can move it and use it.  However, when she rotates her arm (from the elbow to the wrist) it hurts.  She has trouble brushing her hair with that hand and I’ve noticed she’s holding it oddly.   I’m in a quandary as to whether I should have it x-rayed.  It’s obviously not broken, although I guess a hairline fracture is possible.  There is minimal bruising, and minimal swelling.   So anyone with experience with such an injury, please pipe up and give me some advice!

We’ve spent time planting herbs in pots (to replace the ones eaten by the dog).   Weeded some of the flower beds, watched some old movies (the girls LOVE Fred Astaire) and just hung out together.  Gosh I’ve missed that the last 8 months!

That’s about all for our week.  Be sure and check out the Weekly Wrap Up and see the new web site.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome home!!

    Popping in from the WWU

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fantastic week! Can you come deep clean some of my rooms next. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!