Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up–The One Where We Added Basketball

Monday morning we ran errands before starting lessons in the afternoon.  We traveled to a nearby city and hit the discount food stores and the chicken store (yes, the chicken store).  While we were at the grocery store the lady behind the counter asked “And why aren’t the two of YOU in school today?”  One of the girls answered with “We homeschool.”   The lady then snipped “WELL I guess you call this a field trip then?”  Without missing a beat Lindsey responded “No, we call this grocery shopping, field trips are a lot more fun.”   I have to admit I giggled, pretty loudly, because Lindsey really wasn’t being a smart mouth, she was just answering the question honestly…it only SOUNDED like she’s spent the last 7 years living with the queen of snide remarks.  Ahem.

Tuesday was a regular school day.  Things went well with school and then glorious day, ballet and tap classes resumed!  You’d have thought the girls had won the lottery!

Wednesday a typical school day followed by Awana.  We’re more than half way through the Awana year.  The majority of the children in my class are WONDERFUL…but there’s that one child who has so much potential, so much inquisitiveness and absolutely no parenting going on at home.   Honestly, she’s my favorite out of the group because I see what lies within her.  Try as I may, my hour and forty-five minutes each week with her isn’t enough to get her on solid ground.   This both breaks my heart for her, and angers me with her parents.

Thursday we added a new twist to our already full calendar, basketball.   Lindsey has fallen madly in love with the sport over the last several weeks.  I called around and found there was a program starting that same day, and low and behold they had ONE SPOT left on the 2nd-3rd grade team.  After school we went to ballet, came home and ate sandwiches, changed clothes and headed out to basketball.  SHE LOVED IT!  We’ll be having 1 practice and 1 game each week until March 16.

Friday is normally our co-op day.  However the church we use was having funeral today so classes were cancelled.  Not that I was glad of a funeral, but it was nice to not have to run to the other side of the county this morning.   We went ahead and did a day of regular lessons, watched “Sarah Plain and Tall” and worked on some ballerina crafts.   Photos of the crafts will have to be in another post as we’re currently in “glue drying mode” and “hardening of the plaster mode”.

In other, non academic news I’ve started taking baby steps to a healthier me.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not sick.   I take no medications, have no “conditions” and am not on watch for anything.  Still I am over weight and tired of being tired.  I’ve added 1 hour daily walks, fresh fruits and vegetables and 100 ounces of water a day to my life.   Yeah, and so far I’ve managed to GAIN 3 pounds.  I’m so not feeling the love from my body right now.

Was this your first week back after the holidays?  If so, how was it?  Visit the Weekly Wrap Up and see how everyone else did, and link up with us!

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I'm just not feeling as well as I would if I could just loose 20 pounds! But it is oh so hard! I need to work in the walks! Especially since it was nearly 60 degrees in January in Indiana today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That would be my luck too! Hope it gets healthier and smaller soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! Sounds perfect! Your body is probably just responding to all of the additional water. It will level out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!