Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Weekly Wrap Up–A Full Schedule

The last of the extra-curricular activities returned to the calendar this week.   We headed back to Awana on Wednesday and co-op on Friday.   We officially have somewhere to be every single evening, even if only for an hour.

Language Arts:  One thing I HATED in school was diagramming sentences.  My hatred stemmed from the fact that I was never given a real understanding of prepositions, prepositional phrases and objects of the preposition.  The old saying that you learn more by teaching is true, 27 years after graduation I finally understand it!

001

The white board has gotten quite a workout this week. Lots of diagramming here!

002

History:  We finished up Part 1 of our Explorer’s Unity Study.  This week we learned to locate and name the Equator and Prime Meridian, used latitude and longitude to find various cities on the map, drew a map of our own newly discovered island and made sea biscuits (hardtack).

006007

The sea biscuits are an acquired taste.  Lindsey actually liked them, Olivia and that hair trigger gag reflex of hers, well…not so much.

024

Our first day of co-op went well today.  I have a fun group of kids in my Literature Circle, and my P.E. class is just full of uncoordinated 2nd graders.  I see lots of laughter in my future.

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up!

Pin It!

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by!