Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Of Old

I know that this week every homeschool family worth their salt is knee deep in Thanksgiving and turkey crafts and studies.   Here, not so much.   I just….didn’t, this year.   However, unless I should be kicked out of the “Good Homeschoolers Club”  (which is fictitious by the way) I have pulled together a post with links to past studies. 

You will be happy to know that my children do have a list of books to read this week that does follow the course of Thanksgiving.  Go me.

Squanto – Friend of the Pilgrims by Clyde Robert Bulla
Squanto and the Miracle of Thanksgiving by Eric Metaxas
Mary of Plymouth by James Otis

Now, on to Thanksgiving of the past:

From 2013, we have our Plymouth Colony Unit Study.

Service Projects 005

In 2012 we did a mini unit study on Thanksgiving.

021

I’m not sure what happened in 2011…perhaps I just…didn’t, again.   Ahem.

2010 was another review year.  But there are some great photos.

In 2009 we focused mostly on Squanto (much like this year, but with activities).

Now that I’ve redeemed myself, I shall go back to being a holiday homeschool slacker.  Ahem.

Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. We don't do crafts, activities, reading ..... I was thinking about it, but ..... we will be going to a thanksgiving reenactment. Does that count???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a reenactment DEFINITELY counts, and sounds very interesting!

      Delete
  2. I just... haven't, either. I thought we might squeeze in the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving video or this dinky book I have about turkeys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie Brown is the answer to many a thing, including Thanksgiving!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!