Pages

Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up–The Heart of a Leader

I’m preparing to brag ya’ll.   Indulge me.    After Olivia’s oral surgery last Friday there were complications, namely soft tissue emphysema that caused the left side of her face to blow up like a balloon.  The surgeon had to manually push the air back out of her face, and then leave the rest to nature.  It took several days for the swelling in the eye to go away, and for the double vision to clear.

Saturday was the first day of basketball season.  Olivia’s cheer squad was scheduled to cheer at 11am, and Lindsey had a game at noon.   I told Olivia she could stay home since she was still in a lot of pain, and slightly disfigured.    Her response made my heart swell  “No Mom, I’m the oldest on the team, I need to set the example.”   She has the heart of a leader.

She walked onto the court, looking like this, and was by far the most beautiful cheerleader ever.

004

014

Lindsey’s team (the Grizzlies) did really well in their game.  Even though she’s head and shoulders shorter than everyone on the court, she scored four baskets.  The Grizzlies won 42-36.

003019

Academically we had a good week.  Everything was pretty standard, and nothing really photo worthy.

Olivia did spend time this week drawing and painting a poster for the local Riverfest poster competition.   I really think I need to invest in art lessons for this one! She drew the turtle free hand, then mixed her water colors to paint it.

022

024

I hope you’ve had a great week, and hopefully I’ll have more to report next week!

Linking up with the Weekly Wrap Up and Collage Friday.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I know you were so proud of Olivia. I got teary reading about her... what a sweet girl you have.

    Thanks for linking with Collage Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She amazes me, and I'm truly blessed to have both my girls. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by!