Pages

Monday, October 5, 2015

Nothing Planned

Last week we doubled up on lessons and did a lot of extra work Monday – Thursday so that on Friday we could take a half day field trip and then head to IEW.   The weather had other plans, everything was cancelled because of flooding and we had an unexpected free day with absolutely nothing planned.

We started out with a trip to the library to pick up a few movies for the cold, rainy weekend.  I failed to take photos, sorry.   From there, we grabbed a cheap pizza for lunch and Olivia baked us a few cookies.

100_9873

100_9875

Then we moved into art.   I had a few small canvases on hand, and had been wanting to try working with acrylics.  I set out the art supplies and let the girls have at it.   The only direction I gave them was on how acrylic paint differs from the watercolors they are used to working with.

100_9878

Olivia chose to paint a water lily bud.

100_9880100_9881

100_9889

Lindsey isn’t as gifted at art, or as interested either.  Her projects tend to have lots of bold color and stripes.

100_9882

100_9884

100_9885

Me? I just like adding color to the words that I have running through my head.   I especially loved that I can layer the acrylic paints.

100_9890

We wrapped up our afternoon with a lovely cup of pumpkin spice tea.    It’s good to have a random free day here and there!

100_9891

What does your free time look like?

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun week! Love the baking and the art! Thanks for sharing at the Hip Homeschool Moms Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by!